This Sheet Pan Maple Chicken + Brussels Sprouts is an easy weeknight dinner for those nights when you want something quick, easy, and delicious.
Would you believe me if I told you that I’m not a huge fan of baking? I know my Instagram feed tells a different story, but it’s true. I find it to be way too precise and fussy for me most of the time. I’ve ruined more recipes than I care to admit because I somehow got an ingredient wrong.
Cooking is where my heart is happiest because of how flexible and forgiving it is. Of course, my children don’t really love my cooking. They are super picky eaters, and, pre-failsafe diet, preferred things like Tyson’s chicken patties and Mrs T’s Pierogies. ?
Take this sheet pan maple chicken + brussels sprouts dish, for instance. The Little didn’t even try it. That’s right. Not a single bite crossed her lips because she immediately pushed her plate away and said NO LIKE. The Big Kid took one bite and proclaimed it to be “not her thing” because it was “too sweet”.
To that I say: WHAT. EVER.
The grown-up’s at the table really enjoyed it and devoured every last bite. Not a single leftover in sight.
I guess that means I’ll stick to making delicious sheet pan dinners for the grown-up’s and baking wonderful treats for my children (and myself, who am I kidding). Who knows. Maybe baking will grow on me…
Sheet Pan Maple Chicken + Brussels Sprouts
- 1 leek
- 6 oz brussels sprouts ends trimmed and cut into quarters
- 2 large chicken breasts cubed
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ½ tsp garlic, minced 1 clove
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp corn starch mixed with 1 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C and line a rimmed baking sheet with silicone liner or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Cut the white bottom and the green tops off of the leek. Slice in half and rinse out the dirt. Chop into small pieces and place in a medium sized mixing bowl. Add brussels sprouts and chicken.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, combine the sauce ingredients and mix well.
- Pour sauce over brussels sprouts and chicken mixture and stir until everything has been evenly coated.
- Pour onto prepared baking sheet and transfer to the oven.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and veggies are bright green and fork tender.
- Season to taste with salt and serve!