Easy baked oatmeal for the win!
Oatmeal is a favorite in my house. Everyone enjoys it and it’s easy to make a big batch of. We like it pretty plain, cooking it with water and adding in maple syrup to sweeten it up. The only problem with stove top oatmeal is that it takes forever to make, so it’s not always a great weekday option.
Enter in BAKED oatmeal and everything changes. It takes 5 minutes of hands on time and a mere 20 minutes in the oven. AND it can be made ahead and reheated, so it’s great to make on a Sunday and have it for the rest of the week. Need an easy meal for brunch? BAKED oatmeal for the win!
We love eating baked oatmeal for breakfast, brunch, lunch, brinner, and snacking (we basically eat it all day long). The Big Kid even likes to have it packed for school lunches. (WHAAAAT!) It’s super adaptable to whatever you like or have on hand. You can keep it basic with (gluten free) rolled oats*, quinoa, milk, and maple syrup or you can fancy it up and in whatever you like or can tolerate.
I bet it would even be delicious with some poached pears on top for an extra fancy sweet treat. (I’m kind of drooling just thinking about it. ?)
So do yourself a favor and put some baked oatmeal on the menu for the week. Your past, present, and future self will thank you.
Easy Baked Oatmeal
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats gluten free
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa rinsed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups rice milk or other failsafe milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 375°F/190°C. Lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish and set aside.
- Combine oats, quinoa, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add milk, maple syrup, ginger, and egg. Stir to combine. Add pear and mix in.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish and place in oven. Bake for approximately 40 minutes or until edges start to turn golden brown. Let cool for 5-10 minutes. Cut and serve!
- To reheat: Preheat oven to 325°F. Transfer serving portion to an oven safe bowl or ramekin. Sprinkle with sugar (optional). Place in oven for 7-10 minutes or until warm all the way through. Serve immediately!
*This is an affiliate link